The Agent monitors each session host/worker in your Windows Virtual Desktop, RDS or Citrix environment. The agent is focused on events, performance consumption, network activities and more regarding each user’s IT experiences. Workers in this context are Windows Remote Desktop Server, XenApp Servers and of course Windows Client VDI’s (XenDesktop).
The agents combine data from different sources and send them to your Azure Monitor / Log Analytics workspace in Azure. There is no other infrastructure needed: No SQL server, no windows server. Nothing else! The data are saved and analyzed in Azure.
Tip: You can also analyze your "normal" Windows workstations with this agent.
Data collected from each session host, RDS and Citrix Worker – each minute
- Application events (application crashes)
- 24+ performance counters + instances (HDX bandwidths and latencies for each single session)
- 22+ properties and performance data per session
- 36+ properties and performance data for each process
- 50+ dashboards and tiles (customizable)
- Interactive Azure Workbooks (customizable)
- Choose your inspection and analytics timeframe (time machine)
- Runs on each WVD Session Host, Remote Desktop Server and Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop
- Is a small windows application < 2Mbyte, CPU-Footprint < 1%
- Prepares Big-data analysis of application and WVD / RDS / Citrix sessions and worker, capacity management
- Can hash usernames (pseudo anonymization)
- Has a web proxy support for uploading data to Azure Monitor / Log Analytics
Big-data and dashboards
- Based on Azure Monitor / Log Analytics
- Scalable, durable, highly available and comes as a service
- Import the prepared dashboards for Windows Virtual Desktop, RDS & Citrix
- Add new dashboards or customize the prepared dashboards
- From version 2.4: Support and precreated Azure Workbooks
- Azure consumption starting from 0.40 $/month per user – data retention up to 2 years, doesn’t need System Center components
- We offer the Azure Monitoring Agent for testing and community purposes without any warranty nor support. Please test the monitoring solution and decide if you will continue the community edition or if you want to run fully supported, including premium features, updates, and support for building KUSTO queries. Visit sepago Shop for more information or get your special quote from email@example.com.
The Agent has been tested on different platforms and operating systems. Tests were successful on:
- Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Windows Server 2008R2
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows 7, 8.x, 10 (64 bit)
- Citrix XenApp 6.5, 7.x
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.x
- Citrix Cloud
Note: Not all values exist for each combination of operating system and platform. There are some differences. For example, today the logon duration is only logged for XenApp Servers.